OM.2024.073 - Jennifer DeSantis - USA


OM.2024.073 - Jennifer DeSantis - USA - The Secret Language of Numbers - collage on panel - 8 x 8 inches - Visual Poetry and Color 

 Artist statement:

My name is Jennifer DeSantis, but you can call me LadyJennD.
I am a visual DJ. Much like a DJ remixes sounds to create new music, I take samplings of imagery and text and combine them, meld them, mesh them. Bits and pieces of random media become my greater message, my “song”.
I mix from things people normally overlook and layer on imagination, depth, and sub-text.
I want you to “hear” my imagination, as I express it, not necessarily with words, but with these colors and symbols. A dazzling array of details all “synched” to create a much larger overture.

"Many of my pieces reflect the oddities contained in the philosophic subconscious and have deep meanings I hope resonate with the you. My art comes from the mind, heart, and soul simultaneously." ~ LadyJennD


Links to my work:


Bio:

Jennifer DeSantis is a self-taught mixed media collage artist. Born and raised in Waterbury CT, her creativity was nurtured from an early age with the support of her family. She moved to Georgia in 1996, and her passion for collage was birthed there in 2010. She began exhibiting in and around Atlanta, GA in 2014, as well as had her 1st solo exhibit in Atlanta’s DooGallery that year. In 2016, she and her husband moved to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Jennifer has continued to pursue her collage endeavors, taking her practice full time in 2021. 
Jennifer co-founded the local collage collective “Scissors and Glue ABQ” with Terry Garrett and Zach Collins. She exhibits in numerous pop-up events in and around Albuquerque, as well as online in Facebook groups. You can find her in person at the Mothership Alumni Gallery in the heart of downtown Albuquerque, where she has a studio and retail space.

Comments

Popular Posts