OM.2024.060 - Laila Rezai- USA



OM.2024.060 - Laila Rezai- USA - INVISIBLE THREADS - collage on panel - 8 x 8 inches - Visual Poetry and Color

The horse is made of walnut veneer, the brown shapes on the right are pressed rose petals, the words at the bottom are from a poem by Utah Philips and the piece of copper in the upper right is gardening tape. There’s also a very subtle piece of a doily at the top. I always take doilies home with me from restaurants/diners.

As an Iranian-American artist I'm most inspired by my connection to nature, and creating imagery of strong female archetypes and athletes. Championing women is a priority in my work because I’ve been inspired by strong women throughout my life and interested in their stories. I want to be part of amplifying their voices.

My background as a graphic designer influences my art through the integration of typography, photography and composition. I primarily work in the medium of acrylic and collage in combination. What I love about collage is the sense of history within the materials. That the papers have traveled and changed hands, interpreted into new stories.

lailarezaiart.com

Comments

Popular Posts